Repair your credit record after bankruptcy, IVA or a DRO

Time for a clean up?  Repair your credit  after bankruptcy, IVA or DRO by correcting errors

After bankruptcy, IVA or DRO, correct any credit record errors then improve your credit rating by using a “bad credit” credit card.

Bankruptcy will badly affect your credit record for six years. This article looks at what should happen, how to correct any problems, and how to improve your credit rating when you are discharged. Even if you have no intention of accumulating debt again, a good credit score makes it easier to rent a house, get a mobile contract or a full current account and it’s essential if you want a mortgage.

The information here also applies to the other two forms of insolvency in England and Wales: IVAs and Debt Relief Orders (DRO):

  • for an IVA – the equivalent of the bankruptcy petition date is the date your IVA started. The equivalent of discharge from bankruptcy is the date of your IVA completion certificate,not the date of your last payment.  (The same applies for an IVA that completed early. Even if you repaid your debts in full, the IVA and the original defaults will remain for six years from the start date.)
  • for a DRO – the equivalent of the bankruptcy petition date is the date your DRO started. The equivalent of discharge from bankruptcy is the date the DRO ends, which is almost always 12 months from the start.

How insolvency should be recorded

After you go bankrupt:

  • Bankruptcy will be shown in the Public Record section of your credit record (for an explanation of the different parts of your credit record, see this Experian page ). It can sometimes take a few weeks for the entry to appear, but when it does, the date on it will be the date of your bankruptcy petition.
  • If it hasn’t already been marked as defaulted when you go bankrupt, an unsecured debt should be marked as defaulted with a default date of your bankruptcy petition. This can take quite a while to happen as the Insolvency Service has to inform the creditor who then informs the Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs).
  • the situation with a secured debt such as a mortgage is slightly more complicated.
    • If you carry on paying your mortgage, not falling into arrears, then a default should not be recorded.
    • If you have stopped paying the mortgage before bankruptcy or when you go bankrupt and a default should be recorded with the bankruptcy date.
    • If you initially carried on paying the mortgage after bankruptcy but later stopped, the default date should be the date you went bankrupt, see ICO guidance in 2007 which stated:
      “[paragraph 14] [If the loan has been included in a bankruptcy] the default should be filed in accordance with the guidance in paragraphs 47 – 48
      [paragraph 48]  If the customer stops payment at a later stage, the default recorded should show the date of the IVA or bankruptcy and the fact that it was settled only by IVA or bankruptcy…” 
  • There will be no change for any debts which have already been marked as in default or for CCJs.

When you are discharged:

  • The Insolvency Service will notify the CRAs who will add this to the Public Record section. This doesn’t remove the bankruptcy marker – that will stay on your record for six years.
  • The debts included in your bankruptcy should be marked by the creditors “to show that you no longer owe money on that account (perhaps by marking the entry as ‘partially satisfied’ or ‘partially settled’ or in some other way)”  (quote from the Information Commissioner’s Office).

After six years everything vanishes and your credit rating will improve:

  • The bankruptcy marker will drop off your credit record.
  • Defaulted debts will drop off six years from the default date, so some of these will probably have disappeared already, but the rest should go at the same time as the bankruptcy marker.
  • CCJs drop off six years from the judgment date, so they will also be gone six years after date of your bankruptcy petition.

Correcting problems

1) Creditor doesn’t use the correct default date

There is no point in complaining to Experian, Equifax etc about this – they just report what the creditors tell them. You have to ask the creditor to correct the record. Don’t try to do this on the phone because you are likely to spend a long, frustrating time talking to staff who don’t seem to understand what you are saying. Instead write a letter to the Data Controller for the creditor (get the address from the ICO here), send it Recorded Delivery and keep a copy. For an unsecured debt, the letter could follow this template :

re: [account/reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

I went bankrupt at [xxxxx County Court] on dd/mm/yyyy. I attach a copy of my Bankruptcy Order.

I am writing to ask you to correct my credit file for the above debt. At the moment [there is no default date shown / the default date is shown as dd/mm/yyyy]. This is incorrect and a breach of the Information Commissioner’s Office guidelines and the Data Protection Act 1998. There should be a default date not later than the start date of my bankruptcy.

Please correct this entry within 28 days or supply me with a written reason why you will not do so.

Yours faithfully, 

Recheck you credit file after say six weeks. If it has not been corrected, put in a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office here. Attach copies of your letter to the creditor, proof of posting and any reply from the creditor.

2) Creditor doesn’t mark debt as satisfied when you are discharged

The creditor doesn’t have to mark the debt as fully settled/satisfied so there is no point in complaining if the debt has been marked as partially settled/satisfied.

If you want to get this corrected ideally you need to get a Certificate of Discharge from the court where you went bankrupt (at the time of writing this costs £70 and £10 for additional copies) however many lenders will accept a copy of the free letter from the official receiver that you may have received. Then send the following letter to the data controller for the creditor:

re: [account/reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

I went bankrupt at [xxxxx County Court] on dd/mm/yyyy. I was discharged on dd/mm/yyyy. I attach a copy of my [Certificate of Discharge]/[letter of discharge].

I am writing to ask you to correct my credit file for the above debt.  The Information Commissioner’s Office guidelines state that my credit file should show that I no longer owe money on that account, perhaps by marking the entry as ‘partially satisfied’ or ‘partially settled’ or in some other way.

Please correct this entry within 28 days or supply me with a written reason why you will not do so.

Yours faithfully, 

Again, complain to the  ICO as above if the entry is not corrected.

3) Problems with mortgage debts

It can be harder to get mortgage lenders to correct a date. If the lender has recorded the default date as being the date your house was repossessed not the date of your bankruptcy, you should include in your letter the quote from the ICO guidance in 2007 that is given above.

However it seems that the ICO is failing to apply its own guidelines with this type of situation – if the ICO rejects your complaint, you should complain to the Financial Ombudsman. Here are two cases where the Financial Ombudsman has upheld the complaints, applying the rules about dates as they are described in this article: HSBC mortgage case and Platform mortgage case.

4) CCJs are usually not amended when you are discharged

There is no ‘partially settled’ status for a CCJ and the court only has to mark a CCJ as satisfied if you have paid it in full, which you haven’t. The best you can do is to add a note to your credit file (Experian explains how to do this here) to say that this CCJ was included in your bankruptcy, that you were discharged on dd/mm/yyyy and so you are no longer liable for the debt.

Is it worth doing this?

It is definitely worth correcting the dates of default unless they are just a bit late. If these are months or even years late, then this will delay the time until your credit file is clean as these debts will remain for six years after the default date. If you want to remortgage once your IVA has finished, it is essential that you repair your credit score as much as possible.

Marking your debts as satisfied after discharge is less important.  Even if you get this amended, applications for credit, a normal bank account or a mortgage may well be refused whilst bankruptcy is still on your credit file. If you are close to the six-year drop-off, then you could decide to wait and let that clean everything up. However, getting a debt marked as satisfied will improve your credit rating slightly, which may be enough for you to be approved for a ‘bad credit’ card, see below. It also prevents the debt being ‘sold on’ to another Debt Collector, which is annoying as you have to correspond with yet another person and send them details of your bankruptcy.

Getting positive markers on your credit file

In addition to cleaning out the bad stuff from your credit history, you should aim to start acquiring new, positive credit marks after you are discharged. Make sure you are on the electoral roll, that your address etc are correct on your record, that your bankruptcy discharge is shown and start the clean-up process above. This may take several months to complete if you have to go to the ICO.

Then apply for either a Vanquis or a Luma credit card. If you are refused, double-check your credit file really is clean with all three credit reference agencies and wait six months or so, then apply to the other card.

These two cards are aimed at people with very bad credit and they charge a very high rate of interest.  This doesn’t matter because you should aim to use the card every month and  repay it in full every month, so you will never get charged interest! If you find your balance is creeping up because you are not clearing it in full, then you need to stop spending on the card until it is cleared and have a re-think about budgeting. Your credit rating will not improve faster if you leave a balance on this card. You should think of these cards as being dangerous – if you are not careful you will get sucked back into expensive debt.

After you have had one of these cards for a few months, think about getting a cheap monthly mobile phone contract, probably a SIM only one.

This all takes time

If you were expecting discharge from bankruptcy to make an immediate improvement to your credit score, it usually doesn’t…  There isn’t a way to speed this up – don’t pay any firms offering a ‘repair your credit’ service because either they don’t work at all, or they will be no better than what you can do yourself. The template letters here are very likely to work and if they don’t, putting in a complaint to the ICO is the best way to repair your credit.

*** Updated 07/02/2015 and 22/04/15 with further information about secured loans

More Debt Camel articles:
Look out for the problems with "bad credit" cards

Look out for the problems with “bad credit” cards

ppi claims after insolvency

PPI claiming after IVA, DRO, bankruptcy

Still waiting for your IVA completion certificate?

Still waiting for your IVA completion certificate?

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookInteresting article? Please share it!


  1. sarah says

    my partner went through a debt relief order in 2012 we have just checked his credit file and the hsbc are still marking the debt every month in default and the the account is still open no wonder he is being refused everything this page is very helpful I have copied both the template letters and I am about to send them of with a copy of his dro letter so fingers crossed they will mark it as partially satisfied and stop marking it in default every month, do you know if they have marked it in default from 2012 until January 2015 will it take 6 years from January 2015 to drop of the credit report or 6 years from the first default in 2012? Thanks website really helpful

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      hi Sarah, it should drop off 6 years from the first default. And this should be on or before the date his DRO started.

  2. Mary says

    This is my final year of bankruptcy and im preparing for a mortgage in 2016 – My main concern is that the main reason for my Bankruptcy was the Mortgage. I have been working with experian to get my file cleaned up , however the mortgage company wont update the default date to the date of the bankruptcy order , they did this a year after . I have wrote to the ICO and they have stated the default is right and correct and should be listed to the date of repossession and not the Bankruptcy date and therefore the mortgage wasn’t considered part of the bankruptcy… I am appealing this decision as […] Im kinda wondering why the possession date is the default date and not the actual bankruptcy date . I have read the ICO website in which this is confirmed however it doesnt say anything about the repossession date .. I guess im hoping they will review my appeal based on the fact the mortgage provider could have take the property at anytime and was a voluntary surrender

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Mary, it’s good that you are trying to sort this out now as these appeals can take some time. I have deleted the lengthy details you gave about your mortgage lender’s behaviour and why your house should have been repossessed earlier – I think the ICO will only be interested in whether the “correct” default date is the date of your bankruptcy or the date of repossession. As you say, published ICO guidance suggests that it should be the date of bankruptcy. If your ICO appeal is unsuccessful, then I suggest you go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and discuss your next move there – one option may be to complain to the Financial Ombudsman about (a) the default date question and (b) the fact that your mortgage lender has not treated you fairly.

  3. Mary says

    Hi Sara ,

    Thank you so much for this , i appreciate this advice . I can’t understand the ICO’s decision focusing on the repossession date as opposed to the bankruptcy date. I will send in the appeal and get back to you,. My only fear now is when the bankruptcy is off my credit file along with the defaults when i do apply for a mortgage declaring that i was once bankrupt i might never get a mortgage anyway. I think its unfair to legally have to declare this after 6 years after discharge and the time being up but i guess thats another matter lol Thanks again for everything and i will be in contact with you for an update xx

  4. jake says

    hi, so from what you said in regards to written letters to correct your file does that appeal to DRO as well as bankruptcy? My debt relief order 12 month period ended last week and im keen to get my credit score back u. The link you included in that part with the data register i put in my details and nothing came up. Am i doing something wrong?

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Jake, yes the letters apply to DROs as well as bankruptcy. It’s good to be keen to correct your credit record, but if your DRO only ended last week, then you need to chill out for a bit as it will take lenders a while to update your credit records. I suggest waiting a couple of months and then checking your credit records to see if they have been correctly updated. The data register link – you don’t put your details in, you put the creditors details in – you are trying to find exactly who at the creditor to write to if they have got a date wrong.

  5. Mark says

    hi. My DRO ended 2012 when the six years are up can I run my own business ?? Do I have to get permission from courts Thanks

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Mark, you can start a business, including being a director, now. You don’t need anyone’s permission and don’t have to wait 6 years.

  6. allan says

    I was discharged from my bankruptcy in November 2014, I have a mobile phone contract and this is my only line of credit. Payments are mad regular and on time and my poor financial situation was a result of youth and nievity. I am now older and wiser and earn a decent wage. I want to improve my credit score in every way I can over the next few years while I save for a deposit. What are the best ways to do this while minimising risk of making things worse, I have looked into the purposely designed credit cards for people like me but according to money saving experts calculator there is only a 10% chance I will be accepted, I know that a no impedes scores. What is the best way for me to start correcting these things.

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Allan, do what it says in this article! Check default dates and whether all debts are marked as settled. As soon as they are apply for Vanquis or similar. If refused, wait 3 months and apply for another. This will be a slow process but so is saving a good deposit.

  7. Janet says

    Hi I was made bankrupt in 2010 and moved home 3 years ago, I recently got a copy of my credit file and noticed I have a ccj issued in 2014 for debt which was included in my bankruptcy, I sent a copy of the bankruptcy paperwork to the court to get the ccj taken off but they said it still stand, how can they do this??? Please help

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Janet, I’m not sure if you just sent details of your bankruptcy – you need to apply to set aside the CCJ. I suggest you contact National Debtline 0808 808 4000 who will be able to talk you through what to do.

  8. Janet says

    Hi yes I sent the court a copy of my bankruptcy paper work and they sent a letter back saying that they can see it was included but the ccj still stands until I either pay or the 6 years is up. I didn’t recieve any paper work on the ccj as I had moved and didn’t forward my address to the company in question as I thought it was all dealt with and done through the bankruptcy order, so I was shocked to discover the ccj when I have not even tried to take out credit ever since. Thank you for the number I will call them, I just wondered if it was correct that I could be penalised again for the same debt

  9. Lea says

    Hi, A family members Right To Buy their council house was denied due to her having obtained a DRO in 2011. Are the council/HA in their right to do this or does she have grounds to appeal with it being back in 2011?

  10. Joanne says

    Hi Sara
    My DRO was discharged in Sept,2014. I want to apply for Nissan finance on a car, but I do not want the embaressment of being refused. Is there any way of finding out if I will be approved first please?

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      hi Joanne, I’m not aware that you can do a ‘soft check’ on this before hand. Make sure you follow all the points in this article before applying to give yourself the maximum chance of being accepted, but it’s only 6 months since your DRO finished so you may well have a problem.

  11. Chris says

    Hi, I was released from my DRO around September 2012 but Provident state that the debt was satisfied as from October 2012 and have listed this on my credit rating with all defaults starting from May 2010. They say they have no evidence of the DRO even though it says satisfied on the account. But I never paid it off and they want proof. The problem I’ve got is I have misplaced my paperwork, so I can’t send them it to them to remove it from my credit file. Other than that I’ve run all my bills I.e telephone, credit cards the way it should be with no defaults and even after 2 years I’m still at the bottom with my credit rating.

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Chris, The difference between Sept12 and Oct12 is too small to make any difference. If all your DRO debts were marked as defaulted on or before the DRO date this is correct. Provident aren’t going to remove the debts from your credit record – they will drop off 6 years after the default date. And your DRO marker will drop off after 6 years.
      Time will gradually improve your rating. Make sure you are on the electoral roll. Keep the balance on your credit cards low – for preference pay them in full each month.

  12. Rachel says

    Hi there, my DRO started in January 2010 so my understanding is that it finished in January 2011 as they last for 12 months. I hoping to purchase my first house next year, does my DRO completely disappear from my credit rating after 6 years from the start date of my DRO or from the end date? Also which would be the best credit agency to purchase my credit file from? Hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks.

  13. Rachel says

    Hi Sara, thanks for the prompt response. So in January 2016 my credit file will be wiped clean? It will show nothing at all? No one will be able to see I have ever been on a DRO? Who are the three credit agencies, should I do that now? What do you recommend I do to start building my rating up? Many thanks

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Rachel, you need to check your credit files – sometimes they need to be “cleaned up” as this article describes, but basically yes, your DRO should vanish after 6 years. The three credit agencies are Experian, Equifax and Call Credit. Follow the steps in this article to start rebuilding your credit and also look at the tips in the post about preparing for a mortgage application. And get saving a deposit!

  14. Ryan says

    Hi Sara
    I entered into a DRO in November 2013 which concluded in November 2014.
    I had a look at my credit report, on futher inspection I notice the one of the company defaulted my account on 26/06/14.
    The company in question was aware that I had a DRO as they were listed on it.
    They informed me that the address that was listed for them was their sister company,
    I had a new letter sent out to them with the correct address.
    Will I be able to get the default removed as they have breached the terms of the DRO?

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      hi Ryan, yes they should correct this default date as it should be the date your DRO started. If they don’t then complain to the ICO as this article says.

  15. claire says

    I went through a DRO in Nov 2013. I have now been 12 months clear. I want to try rebuild my credit rating, but I am worried I will get rejected if I apply for a credit card, which will further damage my rating.
    I have an account with Noddle, all my creditors that were included in the DRO are still showing default. Is this correct, or should they be saying something different?
    Can you offer any suggestions as to what I should do to ammend it?

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Claire, you have defaulted on your debts, the default marker will remain for 6 years from the default date. You need to check the default date is on or before when your DRO started. And that the debts are now shown as settled or partially settled with a balance remaining of zero – this article explains how to get these corrected if they are wrong.

  16. Blodwyn says

    Good afternoon. I went Bankrupt on 13/03/09. Discharged one year later. I’ve tried to clean up my credit files and most creditors have dropped of my files now. Except HSBC. They have marked the default at 05/05/09 and a satisfied date of 13/03/10. Does that mean I have to wait until 13/03/16 for my credit file to be completely clean? I thought it would have been 6 years since bankcrupty, not seven years ( six years since discharge). Many thanks.

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      hi Blodywn. It sounds as though the satisfied date is correct. The default date should be 13/03/09 not 05/05/09. It is the default date that matters most as the record will drop off six years after than, not 6 years after the satisfied date. So the HSBC debt should be dropping off in the next week or two :)

      • Blodwyn says

        Hi Sara, many thanks for your reply. I was worried that the hsbc entries would be on there until next March but they should drop off in a few weeks as you say, that’s a relief.

  17. lucy says

    hi Sara, just wondering after a DRO has ended do I need to apply for a certificate of discharge or will I receive a copy for my files thanks

  18. Joanne says

    Both myself and husband went bankrupt in 2010 and were discharged after 12 months. I didn’t know at the time that I needed to get a certificate for my bank (Barclays) to file. They are asking me for it so they can upgrade our bank account as we still only have the basic account with no online banking allowed and they won’t allow us to upgrade without our discharge certificates. Is it too late now to get our certificates from the court?

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Joanne, I don’t think there is any time limit on getting certificates – you need to get them from the County Court where you went bankrupt. I’ve just checked on the fees and they are still £70.

  19. Gary C says

    I’m a little confused should accounts included in the bankruptcy drop off the CRF at the same time as the bankruptcy? My accounts are marked as default on the day of bankruptcy and settled on day of discharge. Does this mean credit information will drop off 6 years post bankruptcy or 6 years post discharge as I thought CRA records remain for 6 years from last entry? If so surely I’m being negatively affected beyond the effect of the bankruptcy as that drops off 6 years from the date of bankruptcy not discharge.

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      CRA records drop off 6 years after a default, no matter what entries there are after that. So they will go at the same time as your bankruptcy :)

  20. craig says

    I got a dro on 24may 2013 and was discharged from all on 24may 2014 and got my letter. I have been trying to fight with a few companies about updating my credit report from Default to Satisfied but they won’t do this after a number of phone calls.

    When I call T-Mobile, they keep telling me its with the debit company, I call them as they tell me its back with T-Mobile. I don’t know what to write on the letter and where to send this.

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Craig, If the debt company says the debt is “back with” T Mobile, then it sounds as though they were just trying to collect the debt for T Mobile and they didn’t buy it. I suggest you write the letter that is given in this post and send it to whoever currently has the debt according to your credit file.

  21. Belinda says

    Hi, my husband entered into an IVA on the 29th June 2009. We were in a fortunate position to completely clear it by 2012. We have already taken the steps such as getting a vanquis credit card and we have always had mobile phone contracts and never missed a payment on our mortgage. How long will it take before our credit file is completely clear and showing a positive mark.

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Belinda, if all your debts have a default date on or before your IVA start date, i sounds as though it should be a few weeks! The IVA marker should be gone after 6 years.

  22. Shak W says

    I had a dro discharge in 2013 i managed to obtain x2 credit cards one with aqua and one with lunia (capital one) i explained my situation and now on a good wage and things are looking up. My main question is morgage! I have had a few brokers stating 20% despoit and ex bankcrupts can get finance.. What do you know about this with dro and does it get easier per year?

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Tracy, as you have been discharged, you should be able to open a “basic bank account” with most banks.

  23. louisa says

    Hi my dro 12 months is up at the end of this year and the house we live in is private rent the landlord said said he is going to sell the house in about 18 month and offering use first choice do u think anyone would offer use a mortgage this soon after a dro thanks

  24. sam says

    Hi there,
    Me and my partner have saved a 12k for a deposit.I was discharged in Sept 2011 and we passed the credit rating for the mortgage, however no lender will give us the go ahead. I have been building my credit rating but no joy. How long does it take for this to be taken into less account etc, or is there anywhere else we can go like specialist mortgage companies.
    Thanks in advance

  25. als says

    Hi,unfortunately had to go BR in june 2009 and discharged dec 2009. The house repos as mortgage included inBR. Everything associated with my BR dropped off my credit file in june this year except for the creditor for my mortgage Hsbc. They show my file as being in arrears july to dec 2009, satisfactory jan and feb 2010 and arrears march and then settled april 2010. I have contacted Hsbc numerous times asking them to update my files correctly as i believe the settled date should have been my bankruptcy date as the house was repossesed in june 2009 also. I have read this site and also spoke to the OR who seems to think i am right and Hsbc are being difficult. Can anyone advise me if this information is correct and how can i pit it right. Thanks

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Als, as this article says. things aren’t as clear cut with mortgages. Basically because you could have carried on paying the mortgage for many years after you go bankrupt – but you clearly didn’t! If your mortgage was showing as “in arrears” in July 09, I assume you had stopped paying the mortgage at this point? If so, then default date should be the date of your bankruptcy ie June 09.
      I suggest you write to HSBC as per the letter in this article, asking them to correct the default date for the mortgage – it doesn’t really matter what the settled date is if they get the default date correct. Add to the template letter that you have discussed this with your Official Receiver who agrees this is correct.
      If HSBC do not correct it, then complain to the ICO. If they don’t correct it, then put in a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

      • als says

        Hi Sara,thanks for your reply. The main reason for the BR was the mortgage. Anyway,Hsbc seem to be passing the book,their resolution centre seems to be pushing to get a satisfactory answer for me. Ive written to their data controller already using the template letter and sent it recorded. No reply as yet though! Also i contacted the F O S who have lodged a complaint to them on my behalf. It is not actually showing as a default on my files, as i wrote earlier it is showing july to dec 2009 arrears,,jan and feb 2010 satisfactory then arrears march 2010 and satisfied april 2010. Dont know where they get this information but just wanted your advice to see if im going in the right direction by what i have done so far. Thankyou for your help and will keep you informed

  26. Cath says

    Our iva was finished three years ago but is still on record how do we get it removed we have the certificate to say it is finished?

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Cath, this is unusual. You need to talk to you IVA firm about them informing the Insolvency Service so your name comes off the IS Register. This will then correct your credit file.

  27. says

    Hi, I entered into an IVA in Sept 2013. I receieved a lump sum the following January and paid off the Iva . It wasnt all of the monies owing, but my supervisor put this amount forward to creditors who agreed they would accept this as full and final settlement. However, this happened in the January and I have receieved no letters or paperwork to say this has been completed. What should I do? I understand that this IVA will still show for a further six years, so until 2019, but my credit report still lists these as active? Please Help? I had no idea about this letter of completion that people have been discussing, so should I have had received this?

    • Sara (Debt Camel) says

      Hi Tammy, yes you should get a completion certificate – and you should have had it a long while ago! I suggest you check the Insolvency Rehister If your name is still there, your IVA firm hasn’t yet properly closed your IVA down – this has to be done before your credit records will be updated. If your name isn’t there, then your IVA has been closed – call your IVA firm and ask for your completion certificate.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *